Human Resources Consulting at a Price Any Business Can Afford
MJ Management Solutions works closely with businesses like yours to ensure that HR policies and procedures are up-to-date. Our human resources consulting solutions help protect against lawsuits and other employee relations issues that can hamper effective business growth.
The cost of not having an HR program is staggering, and it grows every year. Over the past six years Wage and Hour lawsuits have become extremely prevalent. Did you know that:
- According to the Department of Labor, 80% of U.S. companies are out of compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws?
- 1 in 3 companies were hit with a wage and hour claim in fiscal year 2010?
- In 2012, wage and hour settlements for US companies totaled $467 million? On average, companies paid $4.8 million to resolve a case – median value was $1.7 million.
- Overtime claims were the most prevalent in 2012, equaling 40 percent of the allegations.
- There were 88,778 charges of discrimination, wrongful termination, and harassment filed with the EEOC in fiscal year 2014?
- U.S. employers paid out $296.1 million as a result of lawsuits filed by the EEOC to settle claims of discrimination?
- The average length of an employment lawsuit, from complaint to settlement, is 2.5 years?
- In 2014, the EEOC’s mediation program resulted in 7,846 mediated resolutions, obtaining $144.6 million for individuals.
One of the most difficult things you can do as a small business owner is to try to be your own HR department. Luckily, you don’t have to do it alone. Hiring a human resources consulting firm is the best investment you can make to ensure the success of your business.
Click on a solution below to learn more: